New CMS codes for 2019 allow for reimbursement to clinicians for the time they invest with patients between clinical visits as well as for initial equipment set-up and patient education.* Additionally, changes in Medicare Advantage plans could provide other reimbursement opportunities in 2020, allowing for the expansion of remote patient monitoring services for members.
Now is a good time to consider adding a remote patient monitoring (RPM) program to your practice.
Three codes are available for RPM reimbursement
|CPT 99453||initial; set-up and patient education on use of equipment||$21.00, one-time fee|
|CPT 99454||Device(s) supply with daily recording(s) or programmed alert(s) transmission, each 30 days||$55.63 – $74.25, monthly|
|CPT 99457||Remote physiologic monitoring treatment management services, 20 minutes or more of clinical staff/physician/other qualified healthcare professional time.||$46.97 – $56.09, monthly|
*Payment amount (PFS) varies by locale
Benefit your chronically ill patients with remote monitoring:
- Monitor patients with Hypertension, Diabetes, CHF, COPD
- Better manage patients that cannot travel to the office
- Lower costs, increase efficiency, improve quality
- Easily access patient data for informed decisions and timely intervention
Benefits of Working with MobileHelp:
- Engaging tablet and wireless Bluetooth devices
- Ready to use device kits
- No large volume requirements
- Flexible program options available; education, questions and surveys, patient portal, video visit
- Program planning support
- Optional EHR integration
- Per patient Per Month (PPPM) Lease
- Competitive pricing, no capital expenditure
Simplified setup. Simplified logistics. Simplified support
If you would like to learn more about our products, CMS reimbursement and/or pilot opportunities, please fill out our form and we will contact you.