CMS codes allow for reimbursement to clinicians for the time they invest with patients between clinical visits or outside of traditional clinical settings. Known as remote physiologic monitoring or remote patient monitoring, clinicians can now be reimbursed for device supply, on-boarding, patient education, monitoring and the management of a patients’ conditions.
Additionally, changes in Medicare Advantage plans could provide other reimbursement opportunities in 2020, allowing for the expansion of remote patient monitoring services for members.
Now is a good time to consider adding a remote patient monitoring (RPM) program to your practice.
Available CMS Codes for RPM Reimbursement
|CPT 99453||Initial; set-up and patient education on use of equipment. This is for the monitoring of parameter(s) such as respiratory flow rate, blood pressure, pulse oximetry, blood pressure).||$21.00, one-time fee|
|CPT 99454||Device(s) supply with daily recording(s) or programmed alert(s) transmission, each 30 days||$55.63 – $74.25, monthly|
|CPT 99457||Remote physiologic monitoring treatment management services, 20 minutes or more of clinical staff/physician/other qualified healthcare professional time. This code requires interactive communication with the patient/caregiver during the month.||$46.97 – $56.09, monthly|
*Payment amount (PFS) varies by locale
Benefit your chronically ill patients with remote monitoring:
- Monitor patients with Hypertension, Diabetes, CHF, COPD
- Better manage patients that cannot travel to the office
- Lower costs, increase efficiency, improve quality
- Easily access patient data for informed decisions and timely intervention
Benefits of Working with MobileHelp:
- Engaging tablet and wireless Bluetooth devices
- Ready to use device kits
- No large volume requirements
- Flexible program options available; education, questions and surveys, patient portal, video visit
- Program planning support
- Optional EHR integration
- Per patient Per Month (PPPM) Lease
- Competitive pricing, no capital expenditure
Simplified setup. Simplified logistics. Simplified support
If you would like to learn more about our products, CMS reimbursement and/or pilot opportunities, please fill out our form and we will contact you.